This tangy Fresh Prawns Pickle will surely make your meals palatable. They last for months if refrigerated.
King Prawns - 1kg.(just over 2pounds)
White vinegar - 750ml.
Dry red chillies - 16
Cloves of garlic -50(peeled)
Ring finger sized pieces of cinnamon-4
Salt - 1tbsp.or as per taste
Oil - 9 tbsps.
* Wash, shell & devein the prawns. Pat dry with a paper towel. (As dry as possible)
* Grind chillies, cinnamon pieces, peppercorns, 30 cloves of garlic & salt into a thick, smooth paste by adding a little vinegar at a time.
* Heat oil & fry the prawns till they become golden pink. Keep aside.
* Cut remaining 20 pieces of cloves & fry them in the same oil till they become pink in color.
* Pour remaining vinegar in it.
* Add the ground masala & fry till it separates from the oil.
* Add fried prawns to it & cook for another 2 mins. on low heat.
* Allow it to cool completely.
* Mix well & place it in a pickling jar.